Is there an exact thermostat setting that suits best in the cold season? Actually, there’s none. Comfort demands vary from one person to another based on their lifestyle and preferences. But when homeowners in Denton, TX ask us about how to save energy in the fall and winter, we have just the right thermostat setting recommendation for you!
Recommended Thermostat Setting this Winter
- Daytime. The Energy Star recommends you set your temperature between 68 and 72 degrees during the day. This temperature range will give your home just the right comfort—neither too hot nor too cold. Maintaining this setting offers as much as 10% savings on your annual heating bill.
- You can use the comfort of your thick blankets and comforters when you’re in a deep sleep, so why set the temperature too high? To save some money on your energy consumption at night or even when you’re away from home, set the temperature between 58 to 62 degrees.
Reports say that turning your thermostat setting at least 10-15 degrees lower for 8 hours per day can save you big time on your energy usage this winter. Aside from this, here are additional tips to achieve your energy-saving goals:
Using a programmable thermostat comes with multiple benefits both for comfort and energy savings. With easy manipulation feature and automatic adjustment, you have nothing to worry about if you forgot to modify the setting before you leave for work because it does the job for you. One important consideration when using a programmable thermostat is your daily or weekly schedule. Know your routines, especially the time of the day when your home is vacant. Keep the thermostat in the energy-saving mode and enjoy great savings all year-round.
Take It From Our Experts At Webb Air Conditioning!
- Wear thick clothes, jackets, and If your feet are cold, your entire body gets cold too.
- Check and seal drafts and holes. Improve your home’s insulation if needed.
- If you haven’t done it yet, schedule a maintenance service for your heating units.
- Familiarize your body with the cold weather and set the temperature 1 degree lower every week.
Leave your comfort to our professional hands. If you experience heating issues anytime this cold season, feel free to give us a call at North Texas Heating and Air Conditioning. We have the right solution for all your HVAC needs, be it installation, repair, or professional fine-tuning.